The Arduino IDE compiles the C-style code and uploads the result to the target board.
When the code actually runs on the silicon, some strange behaviour may occur. To get a better understanding what is going on, have a look at the final assembler code.
- Open the preferences dialog in the file menu.
- Configure extended output for the compile step.
- Confirm the dialog and compile your sketch.
- Find the temporary directory for the compile process in the output window.
- Find the .elf (Teensy) file.
- Dump its content:
arm-none-eabi-objdump -S /tmp/arduino_build_761689/sketch.ino.elf > result.txt
- The file result.txt will contain the source code and the final assembler.